Call today and make your appointment for free dental assistance provided by MobileSmiles, an RV-style dental office on wheels. They will be in Altus on June 27-July 1, and in Burns Flat on July 25-29. Services are available for free to residents meeting the following requirements:
· Must be 55 years or older.
· Have no dental insurance of any sort.
· Be a resident of Beckham, Custer, Greer, Harmon, Jackson, Kiowa, Roger Mills or Washita counties.
· Have not receive any other Masonic services in 2015 and 2016. If you received any other assistance through our Masonic Program in 2015, you won’t be eligible again until 2018. If you received any Masonic assistance in 2016, you won’t be eligible until 2019.
· If you received MobileSmiles dental work in 2015, you won’t be eligible until 2018.
Some of the services you can receive through MobileSmiles Oklahoma include dental exam, x-rays, cleanings, extractions, sealant and fillings. The mobile unit does not provide root canals, oral surgery, partials or dentures.
To reserve your space or for more information, call Samantha Walker, SWODA AAA planner, at 1-800-627-4882, ext. 105.
The South Western Oklahoma Development (SWODA) on Aging (AAA) is bringing MobileSmiles Oklahoma to our area at no charge thanks to funding provided by Masonic Fraternity of Oklahoma. SWODA AAA provides programs such as the Masonic Charities Assistance program which is dedicated to improving lives of citizens 55 and older.
The Mobile Dental Care Program, which was established in 2006, was a project of the Oklahoma Dental Foundation (ODF). Its purpose was to provide dental care and education across Oklahoma to those unable to access care and to recommend a dental home in their area. In 2013, it became a partnership program of the ODF and its major funder, the Delta Dental of Oklahoma Oral Health Foundation. The name of the program was changed to MobileSmiles Oklahoma (MSO).
For more information about the Masonic Charities Assistance Program or other SWODA Area Agency on Aging (AAA) programs, visit www.swoda.org/aaa. SWODA comprises eight counties—Beckham, Custer, Greer, Harmon, Jackson, Kiowa, Roger Mills and Washita—covering over 7,000 square miles and approximately 110,000 residents. For more information about SWODA programs, contact the South Western Oklahoma Development Authority at (580) 562-4882.
SWODA NEWS >